Another week with the Cosmos is 1st place. After their amazing comeback win over the Rowdies last week, The ‘Mos hope to keep it going against another (tied for) 2nd place team, MN United at NSC Stadium in Minnesota. Let’s get started with the bullet points:
- The Cosmos’ offense is finally clicking with 6 goals in the last 2 weeks. It’s nice to see, but I would still like to see Satoru Kashiwase start over Stefan Dimitrov at striker. It looks like Alessandro Noselli will miss another match this week. It’s a shame because I’d like to see him get another shot at starting.
- Striker situation aside, I think it’s great that we’ll probably have the same lineup as last week. Line up consistency is important, especially when the team is playing this well.
- It’s funny that in Minnesota’s preview video, they say that the Cosmos won’t win tomorrow but show many clips of the Cosmos beating them a few weeks back.
- Hopefully Kyle Reynish has learned not to stray too far from the net this week. That was not fun to watch.
- I think this will be a tough match-up tomorrow. United played the Cosmos tough last month at Hofstra. However, I’m still predicting a 2-1 New York victory.
- Nothing much to complain about in Cosmos Country, it’s been an amazing season so far. Another 3 points to separate us from the pack of 2nd place teams would be great. We need to start picking off those guys. It’s amazing that every week there seems to be a new team that is the Cosmos’ “biggest threat.”